Oil Independence Day 2006

High gas prices have created a new group of people - "pump grumblers." When pumping our high priced gas, we grumble words of
resentment, while feeling powerless. We need gas, so we pay the price. Standing as a individual we are powerless, but together our voices would be heard. America is a strong, independent country. When John Kennedy proposed we put a man on the moon, a goal and time line was set. American determination made it happen. Let's apply the same initiative to independence of oil through alternative energy research and use. We already have brilliant minds who are making great strides towards this goal. Demand that the President stand up for us. Ask him to support Alternative energy to free us from oil dependence, starting today. Millions of letters cannot be ignored.
Write a paper letter before July 4 to the President. Urge friends and family to do the same. President Bush The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500 Down Load a letter at http://oilindependenceday2006.com / Pass this on or add a link to your web page. From: Linda

Oh yes they can. Over here they even blockaded the oil refineries. The result: petrol is $8 per gallon
What's the PIRA?
DAS
"JAT" < snipped-for-privacy@tyrrell2000.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4495c883$0$22114$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

Provisional Irish Republican Army, or scum for short.
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:00:41 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

'Provisional' IRA...
I was 'almost' in a bomb by them and didn't know what the "P" stood for. All IRA to me.
As you say, scum for short.
DAS
"David J" < snipped-for-privacy@btelecom.invalid> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
You are (wrong).
Whilst both words may be frequently used they are VERY RUDE.
Funny, I also try to play "spot the Brit" in these American-dominated forums by use of certain words (except "petrol", "boot" etc, which are very obvious) and style.
For a while I followed a UK-dominated car NG and there I really noticed how it was different to here. Subtle, but noticeable.
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
oopsie!!
I blame it on the Telegraph and Pete Townshend.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/22/bmwho22.xml&sSheet=/arts/2006/06/23/ixtop.html
I was going to go see him in Hyde Park on July 2 but I think I will not be motivated enough to deal with the trip.
.
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

I wonder if the Jul 2 date is clever timing or a lucky coincidence.
It's between the Quarter Finals and the Semi Finals (of the World Cup).
I live almost within a stone's throw of Hyde Park but I doubt I'll want to go. Too may people and better view on TV... I am later middle-aged, after all...
Of course I see The Who as one of the Top Bands, alongside Rolling Stones, Bee Gees, Beatles... (like I said, middle-aged...)
news: snipped-for-privacy@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...