Oil pressure M130.920

Hi there,

Does anyone know the minimum oil pressure an M130.920 should have?

-- Martijn Tonies

Reply to
Martijn Tonies

In any engine... at idle... min 1 bar or 14PSI... when accelerating... 3 bars or higher.

Reply to
Tiger

I've seen it listed differently and perhaps this applies more to older cars; I really can't speak to the newer stuff post 1990.

But, it should be non-zero at idle (it can be 1, 2 or 3 bars) and it should rise above idle.

The actual numbers are fairly meaningless. All that matter is you have some oil pressure at idle (min: 1 bar) and that you have more above idle.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Interesting, I'm running this 2.8ltr M130.920 since a few days and it idles slightly below 1... A friend of mine has a 2.5ltr and it idles just above .5 for years now.

From what we know, the minimum should be above .5 when idling.

Mine goes above 2 or 3 when pushing the pedal, but when releasing the pedal and going slower, it sometimes falls below 3.

-- Martijn

Reply to
Martijn Tonies