Oil Recommendation

Any advice on what weight oil to run in a 300SDL with 355,000 miles? I have seen internet postings of people running 15w40, but their mileage is lower than more so i didn't know if that was still a good weight to be using at 365k mi. TIA Shannon

'86 300SDL 365k '80 450SL 217k

Reply to
wc98

MB diesel should use 15W40... Chevron Delo 400 or the Mobil Delvac is all you need and both available at WalMart for really reasonable price.

Mileage don't change just because of oil in diesel. I have ran 5W40 diesel synthetic oil and 15W40 Delvac... I don't see any fuel mileage change

Fuel mileage change is usually of other things... such as clogged fuel filter or dirty and worn out diesel injectors.

Reply to
Tiger

I watch the temperature of the engine, the hotter it gets the heavier oil I use. Do you have a temperature probe? Stick it on your engine chassis, 180-190 degree F, then use 15W40. Forget the mileage counter.

I really like to double your Diesel gas mileage, do you live any where near WA state? If you do then come to see me.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers aren't MURDERERS

Interesting system... Do you really find Slick 50 work that well as an oil additive? I did use it once when it first came out... but I'd like to hear your opinion on Slick 50 oil additive.

Reply to
Tiger

I don't count on it to be 100% source to boost power and efficiency. It helps some maybe about 1/15. Most people misunderstood the core of what helps boosting power and efficiency. The main part that helps is in our friction reduction and our combustion improvement. In a diesel engine, we can't help much with the combustion but we can help eliminating friction. Pls don't ask what friciton, just watch the result.

Now let me ask you back, do you think we are expensive if we can deliver what we promise?

If you say we're expensive then why people can afford a $40K - $70K luxury car and cannot afford to pay $1K-$1.5K to double or triple the mileage of their vehicle? I'm not able to see the logic of human mind.

Bob.

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers aren't MURDERERS

No, I don't think it is expensive if you can deliver the result.

Well, we are skeptic when such a large amount of improvement is promised. Just like your website, it said why wouldn't the manufacturer hire you to improve their car... just like other are thinking well GM and Ford is billion dollar companies and they got unlimited $$$ and they couldn't deliver what you can deliver...

I would drive (well, maybe ship it to you) my car to you if you really can deliver such a promise.

Other thing is with new car buyers, majority is leasing the cars because it is new and they can afford it and they are one up on the Jones.

For the rest of us saner people with older cars. we wondered if we should spend that money... could be a gamble... when we can use that money to buy food and gas. In this economy, it is hard to justify extra grand or two when money is quite tight for mortgage and expenses.

Reply to
Tiger

The mileage part of the question was not about MPG, but about maybe needing thicker or thinner oil for my car haing so many miles on it. I have seen the commercials on tv for oil designed for "high mileage", which they say is any car over 100,000 miles. So 15w40 forever, no matter how many miles on the engine?

Reply to
wc98

Exactly... you can't go wrong with 15W40... Dino oil is all you need. Chevron Delo 400 or Mobil Devac (1500?).

Reply to
Tiger

Good that's what I like to hear, by the way the plug-in Electric-motor costs $8,700+tax selling by Trinity power, theirs can go wrong because it's a moving part, like engine it requires regular maintenance.

promised.

couldn't

Manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, BMW want to cheat us, they have been contacted by us, they want our design up front without NDA. Who would be stupid to offer them free cake? We don't have the patent yet. Also US Patent office is corrupted, it's extremely expensive and time consuming to hire a patent lawyer who could possibly sell our idea to big guys. There are frauds and corruptions in every sector of US economy, from investment bank to wall-street. You can't trust anyone these days.

really can

For 2 years now we offer to demonstrate a 900-1000 miles test at our expenses, people say they're interested but then later they fail to follow through. Maybe they don't have time, maybe they don't believe this is real. I even offered them an easier method to witness, they can send us a tamper security sticker to seal our gas cap to guarantee there will be only 1 tank. No can dare to follow through. It's easy for people to accuse someone falsely, this is why I'm tired to be polite with such people.

If "$1K is too much to protect a family and $3-5K is ok to throw away each year" then that will be the choice of the unwise people. All I can say is, 2009-2010 will be the worse period for US, equal to Heroshima, not the year 2012.

We have found a terrible mistake in human car design, every carmaker copies each other, it's like people lying to each other for century, that lie has become a standard that no one can tell it's a lie. That lie costs human 2-3 times your actual fuel cost.

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers aren't MURDERERS

Yeah, I know alot about the patent thing. I have a friend who is a lawyer who has extensive experience in the patent with large corporation and international infringement on the patent.

Pehaps in your case, your customers are your best form of endorsement and save on your advertisement.

I think the ultimate challenge is you contact one of the famous news reporter in your local area... challenge them by converting their car... and then put a locking gas cap on their car and you hold the key while they drive away.

When they are down to almost empty, meet at the gas station and record everything. Everything is videotaped except when you convert their car. Repeat one more time or twice.

Hey, if you can get 20/20 to take up the challenge, it would be nationwide exposure... which will present another business challenge for you...

If you like to further contact me, I think it would be best via email.

Reply to
Tiger

endorsement and

news

record

nationwide

you...

email.

Thanks tiger, I contacted 20 News agencies, including Coast-2-coast, CNN, NBC, OPRAH's show etc. I am tired of them. They ignored us. Right now the best solution is to get individual who witnesses our demo to draw a letter to say they have seen us in real life, we hope to build confidence step by step. Is your email correct? Do you want to witness our demo? Do you have any tamper security label that is water-proof? If you do then we'll be in business. Our driver can drive to meet you 900-1000 miles away at location of your choice. Sometimes we are concerned about our security. We don't want to meet a stranger that will beat us up to rob our car, if you are really interested to see the real machine, you have to show us your id ahead of time. You won't hear any noise on our Mercedes engine, this is how Zero friction works. So smooth like riding a Boeing 777.

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers aren't MURDERERS

My email for this newsgroup purpose is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.

Yes, I can understand your security issue. I am located in NJ, so it is too far away from you.

Reply to
Tiger