Performance muffler for 87 560 SEC

I have to replace the rear muffler on my 87 560 SEC, and I was thinking of installing a performance muffler instead of the stock muffler. Have any of you done this, and do you have recommendations? Is their any reason to go for the stock muffler, other than easy installation?

Reply to
Bill Landers

MB engineers spent much time and money designing their cars, especially the S-Class, to be quiet inside! Many people have bought too expensive, aftermarket mufflers with special exhaust note only to find that they can't hear it! There is no muffler that will increase the performance of an SEC which has lots of performance as MB's special, top of the line, S-Class coupe! Euro headlights do more!

Reply to
Peter Klein