Purchased 92 300D 2.5

I just purchased a 92 300D 2.5 with 77,000 miles on it. So far I'm quite pleased. I noticed a knock at idle when I first got it but, fuel additive and a long trip appears to have helped not as loud and goes away if I increase the throttle about 250 RPM. I had the car serviced prior to driving it, Oil change Rotela, fuel filters, Trans filters, coolant flush, new front flex disk, new rear shocks. The records are about 80% complete however; it appears that all maintenance was done on time. Is there any thing else that I should do to this car at this point in time? I also will be installing the block heater cord if I can find the heater, I was told it is there some where on the right side. This is my first MB diesel; I do have a Tractor and a Ford PowerStroke Truck. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reply to
Snoopy007

"Inactivity is the worst thing you can do to a diesel" is what my Mercedes mechanic told me. When I would not drive my 300SDL for months at a time it would develop a miss and would be louder than normal, but once I drove it around a while it would smooth out and sound quieter.

Reply to
Glenflow55

I plan to drive it on my commute which is 84 miles a day 75% of that is interstate driving. I hope this will keep the cob webs out.

Reply to
Snoopy007

That should do it

Reply to