Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement - Volvo 240 DL

Hi all
I own a 1990 Volvo 240 that is making a sound that is driving me nuts! I am 95% sure that the rear wheel bearing on the right (passenger) side is the
problem. Due to the high cost of labour (I was quoted $207 at one place cause it is a 3 hour job), I was considering doing it myself, with the help of my boyfriend and my trusty Bentley's book. I was wondering if anyone on here has attempted this type of repair and if there are any tips and trick you can provide me with.
TIA
Nadia

go to http://www.swedishbricks.com/ and click on "contents"
from Randy & Valerie __ __ \ \ / / \ \/ / \__/olvo 1993 960
It is not something you can do yourself within 10 minutes. I suggest you ask a few generic garages for a price. The bearing is btw more expensive than similar bearings of other brands.
Martijn www.videoinfp.nl 98% off all videosystems on DVD, (S)VHS or DV
<Randy G.> wrote in message wrote:

am
help
on
trick

am
help
on
I replaced the rear bearings on my 1800. I don't know if the 240 axle is similar or not. On mine I had to have a machine shop press off the old bearings and press on new ones. Basically you pull the axle half from the car, take it to the shop, then put it back together.
This is certainly an advanced DIY job and there is no way to know if you and your boyfriend have the skills or not. Only you can make that decision.
John