rattle from under the car

Hi all,

I noticed a rattle under my W124 300TDTurbo when idling. Could that be the flex disc or some bearing from the driveshaft??

Jannes

Reply to
Jukebox Hero

How and when does it rattles?

Reply to
Tiger

It could be because it is a diesel!

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Just when it is idling, gearbox in P.

Sound seems to be coming from under the car, not from the engine itself.

"Tiger" schreef in bericht news:fvr%c.20391$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

Reply to
Jukebox Hero

Jannes, Check the simple things first. My car had a similar rattle caused by a broken exhaust clamp hanging a bit loose on the pipe.

Reply to
aha

|| Jannes, || Check the simple things first. My car had a similar rattle caused by || a broken exhaust clamp hanging a bit loose on the pipe.

On my 250td the heat shields had come loose and that caused a hell of a rattle, a easy way to check is to stand at the back with the engine idleing and put your foot on the tailpipe and see if the rattle gets less or stops.

Des

Reply to
Des

Des and Aha,

Thanks for the advice, I will dive into it and get the results back...

Jannes "Des" schreef >

Reply to
Jukebox Hero