Re: Front End Shake

Hi All,

> My '83 380SEL has a severe shaking when I lightly apply brakes at > 60 MPH. If I apply brakes hard it stops shaking. In last few days I have > noticed a little shaking at 60 MPH without braking. The brake pads and > rotors look good. I try to move front end parts looking for play but > everything seems solid. Any ideas? The car has a lot on miles, more than > 200,000. What is the most likely needed repair? > > -Kent > >

Wraped rotors. Check wrapage and resurface them if under specs. Else replace them.

Reply to
Trishul

Severe shaking when braking is due to warped brake rotors. The rotors can be removed and machined flat very inexpensively.

The shaking when not braking is due your tires being out of balance. Just take your car to any tire place and have your tires rebalanced. Both repairs are inexpensive so don't worry.

George Carstens

Reply to
George Carstens

It's almost certainly warped rotors. They do that. They're cheap though, and easy to replace..

"they look good" is meaningless when it comes to rotors.

Reply to
Richard J. Sexton (At work