Re: Mercedes Benz S 280, Instrument Cluster Failure11

My Sympathies, Mr Gan. Like it or not, given the number of problems with the

>current models, even my mechanic complains about them. I'm not sure my next >purchase will be MB at this rate. >

The dealer's mechanic admitted to me that Lexus was a more reliable car. That's pretty bad when the mechanic of your own brand say that another brand is better.

Reply to
H8That

Many years ago a Jag dealer admitted same to my father about Merc, when he asked him to compare reliabilities Jag/Merc... (This was in Germany.)

Not long after Jag took its long, deep dive, from which it started recovering only a few years ago.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

See the real problem is not the location of the dealer - they all suck. All over the world. The kar quality problem is caused by ole Jerkin Shrimp. He wants to improve profits so he can get a bigger retirement pension. So he drops his quality! And if you think the MBs are bad, you should try a Chrysler!! Man they are reallllllllly bad karz!!!!!! My sympathy to you. And do try Lexus next time and tell your dealer why you did.

mcbrue quietly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

I see you're back home. Miss the good weather of Califor-in-ay?

Over at the Chrysler newsgroup a number of people take glee in the poor Mercedes quality and how Chrysler is now more reliable. I guess it's not surprising, given the nationalist tone of many contributors. Of course I have no idea of the political views of the contributors (and, in a car newsgroup, who cares?) but in the Chrysler group a number of people don't hesitate to vent what I would call fairly narrow-minded, even right-wing reactionary opinions.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Dear, dear McBrue, you're precious to us And your opinion does matter, but to judgment don't rush. Is it true dear McBrue, as reported in past A Lexus you purchased, with a small sum of cash? A Lexus? A Lexus? Please do bare your soul Is a Lexus much better? We so want to know! Is the customer service more than MB? Do they at least take your call when it's service you need? Do they hail you by name with "Mister" uttered first Or as my MB dealer do they ignore you like you're cursed? And as far as the car goes, is it as nice as your "S" Or is fit and trim lacking? Oh please answer yes!

Alas, actually I'm happy if you've found that you're pleased Though Mercedes once was king, now there are better cars than MBs. Did you hear of my woe, the Starmark CL that I bought? When it arrived from Chicago, floormats it had not! I'm still trying to get them but Fletcher Jones forgot me And I had to buy, by the way, my own second key. They stole my CD mag from a 500SL To get me out of the showroom, and my displeasure to quell. So now as I sit here and ponder my quest To determine indeed which car might be best I find myself perusing web sites foreign to me Acura, BMW, Lexus, to replace my MB?

But how can I fathom such a deep profound change? Well, for one thing the payments would be more in my range. But the reliable reputation that Mercedes has built...? Oh did I fail to mention, my instrument cluster has now gone full tilt? So an appointment I have to replace the said cluster But did the dealer at least call me when the part they could muster? No, they did not, I had to call them. So again I am thinking, is this MB man my friend? And yet again I must ask "is another the way" Are my years of MB driving going by the way? Well I must tell you McBrue, as hard as it sounds I'm going to look at a Lexus the next time I'm in town!

Best of luck with your Lexus dear McBrue! Keep us "posted".

Dale (not Camille)

1988 560SL 1996 S500 Coupe (for sale, cheap. Will ship to Seattle free to buyer) 200 CL500 Coupe of course

MCBRUE wrote:

Reply to
Camille