Rust on door sill panels...

My new (04) E320 is beginning to develop some rust on the stainless steel door sill panels (for whatever reason).

Anyone have any experience cleaning this off?

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Stainless steel is easy to clean. I suggest you try simple wd40 to clean it with a paper towel... this way, it doesn't scratch. If this doesn't work, then try some all purpose cleaner. Last resort if steel wool.

Reply to
Tiger

There should be a rust guarantee -- no silly comments please :-) -- from Merc. Won't the dealer deal with it?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Yeah, there should be, and there probably is, but it's not that bad, and if I can remove the stains without the hassle of a service appointment, all the better.

If not, I'll just wait until it has to go in for standard service and have it taken care of then. I can't imagine the dealer refusing to replace them.

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Self-help may invalidate the guarantee as the problem would not have been dealt with 'professionally' as soon as known....

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling