SD300 wet trunk

Hi All, I know this has been beat to death but, can someone tell me where the rear sunroof drains route thru the trunk. Or where do they drain? I have a wet trunk and have chased all the likely sources....Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
gtweiss

Driver side of the trunk on W126. I think...

Sometime it is not from the sunroof that is leaking into those side wells... but actually a hole in your body by th wheelwell... that when you drive... the tire floods that bin up.

Reply to
Tiger

my water came in because the window frame was starting to rust underneath the rubber...

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

That's the usual source - bottom of the rear windshield left and right corners. If the glass is cloudy there it's proof positive there's water getting in under the windshield seal.

It then goes into the trunk. Also around the tail ights is another favorite place for water to get in.

The wat to test tis is to climb into the trunk with a flashlight, have somebody you trust close the trunk then spray a hose at the lights wihle you look for water from the inside.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Been there , done all those things, I have sealed the back window{ there was some rust} lived in the trunk while flooding the back window with water.... dry .... tailights are dry, trunk seals are good.....ARGHHHH

Reply to
gtweiss

Pull that side trunk panel out... inspect the body for rust especially at the corner of wheelwell... Also inspect from the wheelwell itself... the tight corner right against the outer body... where sand get trapped. Check for rust.

Reply to
Tiger

I had the clouds on my front windshield ('87 w124), so I was expecting rust when I had it replaced and so was the window repair guy. But it turned out to be rust free. So IME clouds don't always seem to equal rust.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

I've never seen it on the front, only the rear.

The cloudiness is caused by water getting into the laminated layers.

Eventually rust will form there. It just hasen't happened yet.

Reply to
Richard Sexton