service indicator

How can I reset the serice indicator on a Merc C180 S reg ?

Having been made redundant, I cant afford Sterlings service, and just had a service at a local garage, but It still needs the indicator resetting on the oddometer.

Dont suppose its easy, some sort of Merc speciallity that will cost me dear ?

a. turn ignition key to position "2" b. press "0" twice immediately c. turn ignition key to position "1" d. while hold down button "0" turn the key back to position "2" e. and do not release button "0" until you hear the beep beep sound, new distance is then display on the LCD screen.

good luck

Reply to
admin

Worked a treat. Got a bit worried because it took quite a while for the beep, but it did, and its reset. Many thanks, IOU at least a pint.

to@d

The service counter supposes you put the fully synethic oil in with a new oil filter.

Reply to
admin