smart cars are coming to the USA (via registered importers)

Let's have fun!

Reply to
Ennui Society

A smart car is one with a speed limiter of 60 mph.

Reply to
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

There are a few in New Zealand. I saw one close-up just this afternoon. Cute. Plus they go adequately, having followed one along the Kaikoura coast at decent speeds on a classic rally a few months ago. Cheers

Reply to
Classic Car Fair

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:52:58 -0600, Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

A smarter car is one that runs you over.

Reply to
Mike Helm

...That can kick a cop in the teeth.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

That's called "second gear" to me. As long as I stay in second gear driving through my neighborhood I'm guaranteed not to exceed double the speed limit.

Reply to
John F. Carr

The "taken Europe by storm" in the ad is a little OTT (Over The Top) but they do have their place in big cities. My neighbour has one (as well as a ginormous Range Rover -- makes the drive crowded) in Brabus version.

There are quite a few here in London.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Compared to you, *any* car or pile of fecal matter is smart.

Reply to
David W. Poole, Jr.

Or one that automatically speeds up to 80mph, pours a mixed drink, and lights a joint for the driver when driving through a school zone or playground in Laura/Judy's neighborhood.

Reply to
David W. Poole, Jr.

I would settle for one that automagically picks up chicks.

Lance Lamboy

Reply to
Lance Lamboy

Those are called "Ferrari's", unless you're trying to pick up my ex-wife, in which case a Pinto will be sufficient.

Reply to
David W. Poole, Jr.