Source for a 1985 Mercedes ignition switch?

Check out mbz.org. Look up your particular model - then type the word "ignition" into the search box....

Reply to
Andrew

Where could I get a new ignition switch asembly for a 1985 Mercedes 300 SD (W 126)? Are they as expensive as i'm thinking, over $100?

Reply to
Jimbo

Here ya' go:

The Benzbin: $31.75 (in stock):

AutohausAZ:$ 27.56
PartsMBZ.org (in stock): $26.74

Cheers,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Hyndman

Only a dealer can ,atch one to your key. You'll need title and registration in person. Anybody else can sell you a cheap "shop lock" that works, but not with your key.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

You can't transfer the cylinder into the new switch?

Reply to
Martin Joseph

You've already got a bad ignition switch, why would you want two?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

In my experience a bad switch isn't the same thing as a bad lock cylinder. Although if the vehicle is very old, it is a good idea to replace both.

That said, if the cylinder is working right and feels smooth, then just replacing the broken switch is fine.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph