Tires

I am in the process of purchasing new tires for my 2003 MB E320. The originals are Continental and the tire size is 225-55-16. My son has been running Bridgestone Turanza LS-H on his Lexus and he likes them. Seems to me from what I read, that the Bridgestone have better traction/handling than my Continental although they are not as quite. Anyway, I decided to purchase Bridgestones Turanza LS-H for my MB. The local tire dealers in my area like NTB or Tires Plus don't have this tire in stock so they would have to be ordered from the warehouse. Fine with me. So last week I tried to placed an order for 4 Turanzas and was told that the tire manufacturer was having tire failures with this particular tire and that he would not recommend me buying them. Also the tire manufacturer was discontinuing this tire although when he checked with the warehouse there were plenty of tires.

My question to the group, has anyone experienced any kind of failure or read any negative report on this tire. ?? Also, what tire would you recommend ? Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

As your car is not far off mine in size and power (I have a 2001 CLK 320 Cab) I thought it might be worthwhile mentioning that my factory-fitted Pirelli P6000s at 21 000 miles are still the originals and going strong.

Of course our driving patterns could be very different, and this can have a significant effect on longevity.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Michelin MXV4 Energy, or equivalent

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I agree that Michelins would be good, too.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Get the top line Michelins. Been driving them for 30 years and never had a problem. They last longer than the other tires too. If you want to know the exact model you need, ask the dealer or if they are not up to speed, call headquarters in Greenville, SC and ask for customer service. Just tell them if you want to drive 130 mph or if you want to stay at the speed limit but do a lot of sharp turns at max speed around town fully loaded (loaded with passengers, of corse, not yourself loaded - unless you live down under the bridge an haz got a full load of them gud ole boyz whut iz alwuys loaded).

mcbrue welltyredly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

Uuum, aren't Bridgestone and Firestone the same company?? I guess that would explain the failures. Just ask any Ford Explorer owners... Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

I suggest you look at Avon tires at Tirerack.com... great value... super quiet... awesome grip. I got the MTech 500 and loved it.

Reply to
Tiger