W123 Front Engine Stop Question

Hey folks, What is the purpose of the front engine stop on my 1983 240D ? Can it be removed and left off the car? Thanks, Cliff

Reply to
240D

When your vacuum pump goes you will be turning off the engine with that "front engine stop".

Reply to
cp

Accually, I am referring to the front engine mount stop, not the engine shut off lever on the injection pump.

Reply to
240D

I believe it prevents the engine from flopping over in engine bay when the mount is torn apart.

Reply to
Tiger