What coolant to use?

Hi group,

I have a 190e from 1987. It has 2 litres injection engine. I have noticed that the car has a little bit less coolant than it should. Can any one tell me what coolant is used for this car?

Glycol and destilled water? Or some other collant and water?

I live in Sweden (cold in winter) = 50% + 50% ratio between glycol and water?

/Mary

Reply to
Crazy Cowboy

By the way,

should I refill when the car (cooling system) is cold or when it is warm?

/Mary

Reply to
Crazy Cowboy

50/50 would be OK for Sweden. Fill when cold. If you're not sure of the history of the cooling fluid, have the system professionally flushed and all coolant replaced with known stuff. Don
Reply to
Don & Jane G

Thnx a lot for the reply!

Is the coolant liquid "glycol" or something else? Is it ok to mix the coolant with tap water or should it be destilled?

/Mary

Reply to
Crazy Cowboy