What does AMG mean?

Well, some of the websites do have an "enter" button... so you could say it's a "skip into" feature..

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Totally wrong! flash is a very useful technology and enables some of the most useful web based Apps out there.

On the other hand, it can also be used for adding overblown advertising clutter.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Indubitably.

That is what got me annoyed with flash - the annoying repeating banner ads.

I was willing to give up the legitimate content in order to eliminate the flash banners with one blessed swoop.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Yeah, you can give up reading too, because they print ads with words.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Words are fine.

Pleading pictures annoy.

Do you understand?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I like text ads. Anything that blinks, flashes or moves gets blocked though.

Permanently.

ads.doubleclick.net was the first to get a one way trip to 127.0.0.1 in the old hosts file.

Reply to
Richard Sexton