'05 E320 CDI or '99 E300 TD

choices choices. In canadian $ the former can be had for around $60k while the latter for around $30k with 200k km while the former is around

50k km. Sure would like to save the difference in $'s but is it neccesarily wise in the long term?

Comments?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

get the new one, after driving a cdi you'll know that the old diesels are obsolete

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

I would buy the CDI... only if it has the HID headlight... those thing are so cool that when you turn, the headlight turns with you so you can see the corner.

The price for the 99 is too high ...

Go to edmunds.com to get the general idea what that car is worth... I know it is not Canadian but it should be close enough of a range... considering in US the cars tend to be fully loaded.

Reply to
Tiger

No, the headlight does not move. The foglight on the side you are turning to lights up.

Reply to
Karl

thanks for the inputs ... I imagine sticker shock for the CDI will wear off fairly quickly .... by the way, is MB's CDI (which I think I understand) related at all to VW's TDI approach?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

similar but in my opinion MB does it much better than VW

WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised

Reply to
jdoe

Really? So you are saying this is like Hella Dynaview system?

Reply to
Tiger

thanks for that. Having looked into it a bit further I tend to agree with you. Hwoever, what does give me some pause is that VW uses a mechanical injection timing system compared to the computer driven one my MB .... and we all have come to appreciate the computer/electrical glitches that show up when the car ages a bit. Both, the latest TDI (PD variant) and the CDI of course otimize injection quantities etc via electronics...\

- cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz