absolute best brake pads for 99 Exped?

I am replacing the brake pads on my 99 Expedition, and would like a recommendation for the absolute best stopping power pad. I am not concerned about price.

I see carbon-metallic pads, semi-metallic, etc, and am not sure which one is the best choice.

thanks

Reply to
Joe

I prefer to purchase OE pads from the dealer (not Motorcraft aftermarket). They maintain the original braking performance and feel. I know lots of people like to go looking for something "better" and claim wonders, but without actual test results I wonder if the improvements are a result of the placebo effect.

You might want to look at

for some legitimate testing. It doesn't apply directly to Expeditions, but it may give you some idea of the trade-offs involved in selecting a brake pad. I also suggest that you join the Expedition Owner's Group mailing list. Lots of people participate in the list and many have strong opinions on brake pads. See -
. Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White