Thanks to all.
I'm trying to make a good decision, four low profile tires and four (MB)
rims aren´t cheap. From your posts and more searching I got this:
Wider and low profile tires means:
- Improved lateral stability, better handling.
- Better traction when accelarating and better braking power.
- Harsher riding due to less tire deformation. Can be compensated with
- Better fuel economy: less deformation means less tire heat. But this can
be emulated by overinflating a bit a higher profile tire.
- More wearing, caused by softer rubber compounds.
- Less warning when you are about to lose control in curves.
Considering all this, and my driving style and conditions, I think is good
to go wider, but not too much.