MGB Carbs

I've got a 1972 MGB open top. It's got twin carbs on what looks like the standard manifold.

When I measure across the inlet of both carbs they are 1 3/8" diameter is this correct? I thought MGBs were 1 1/2"?

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

I don't think that SU made a 1 3/8 carby for the MGB. Have another look at that ruler!

rm

Reply to
me

They are 1 1/2"

If the carb inlet is 1 3/8", the butterfly will be 1 1/2". You need to remove them from the manifold to do measure this.

Cheers Ian F

Reply to
Liz and Ian