MGB water pump fan?

Hy, I drive an 1979 US-MGB. Is it necesarry to install the fan on the water Pump - my Engine runs without one.

Thanx

Michael

Reply to
Micha

No but don't stop.

You will need some sort of air passing through the radiator when the engine gets hot. Has yours have an electric thermostatic fan?

Reply to
me

Where in the States? Somewhere with colder than UK weather (Canadian border), somewhere with hotter than UK temperature (Mexican border), or somewhere with decent weather (San Francisco)?

All job offers from San Fran. gratefully accepted (cause' it's p****g down in the UK at the moment!!!!) and I need some sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, rant for today over, take dried frog pills, glass of bourbon, breath deeply, exhale...

;-))

Mart

In message , Micha writes

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Haven't spent much time in San Francisco, eh Martin?

High 65 F, low 63 F, foggy with chance of drizzle -- 360 days per year.

Reply to
Tommy T.

Yep spent 3 days there never did get to see the bridge.

Reply to
me

check on the other side of the radiator and see if you have a electric fan?

i live in florida and i had to install a electric aftermarket as well as the one on the water pump for my 1971

Reply to
Pam

...and in April standing on East Bay getting complaints about a tiny cloud on the horizon. "Shouldn't be there at this time of year. Must be global warming!!"

Ahhh, memories...

In message , Tommy T. writes

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Best way is from Sausalito, watching it come up through the mist...

In message , me writes

Reply to
Martin Akehurst