MGF Seat replacement

I have just bought a used set of leather seats for my 1996 mgf. should I remove the battery to protect the seatbelt pretensions before starting work?

Also anyone know which size torque bolt is used:

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Chris Brown

Chris,

check google.com with search term *Belt Tensioner + SRS*

Of course, disconnect the battery and wait for a quarter hour to allow the discharge of capacitors in cluded inside the security system.

The bolt head is Torx 50.

... and don't forget to key any key at the alarm handset five times. This after re-connecting the battery. It is to mount the blipper back on the SRS ECU.

HTH Dieter

Reply to
Dieter K.