Re: mgf cooling/gasket question

* Why would you send a head gasket away - I know it's a day long job to

> replace one, but why lose a car for a week and have to borrow one ? > > * At 39,000 km, is a gasket the sort of thing you would expect to have > under the warranty ? > > > She only has office e-mail, no good web access - so I am asking a few > questions on her behalf. > > TIA to anyone who reads this. > > >

You're right, you don't send the head gasket away.

If the gasket has failed there is a chance that the cylinder head is warped, this is what they are going to send away, either to be checked or if they know it's warped, to be skimmed level again prior to fitting a new gasket.

Reply to
Nick Mason