Rear Main Leak

Is it possible to replace tehe rear main seal without having to pull tehe engine? Also can the oil breather line from the top of the valve cover (1977 MGB) be fed back into the Carb with the iol breather from the side engine cover.? Would not having these oil breather lines fed back into the carb cause excess oil consumption?

Reply to
Skip Charette

I believe they should be connected to the carb. My 1980 MGB has a posrt on the right side which the tappet cover connects to. This causes the engine to maintain a negitive pressure which helps reduce oil leakage through that rear main seal. The valve cover should be connected to the gas recycle canisters.

Rick

1980 MGB LE

Reply to
RickW