Spring compressor for an MGB

Does anyone know of a source for a spring compresor small enough for the front springs on an MGB? I have two common american compressors and both are too big to even fit between the upper and lower suspension members.

bill

Reply to
Bill Gunshannon

I use two plates on a threaded bolt through the centre.

Reply to
Rob

Or you could, carefully use a trolley jack under the spring pan. Compress the spring and then undo the nuts / bolts holding the spring pan in place. Done this loads of times, never a problem.

Colin

Reply to
ST

Tried that. Car doesn't weigh enough to compress the spring.

bill

Reply to
Bill Gunshannon