Sprite Problems

Hi

I have recently replaced the manifold and exhaust on my 1970 1275cc AH Sprite - and now I can't get it to start :-( I have a spark, and fuel and have set the mixture to the default setting recommended by Haynes, but it obstinately refuses to start. It spins on the starter and seems to try and start and then the starter motor disengages. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Check for air leaks at every joint, both inlet and exhaust. Make sure you've re-attached all hoses, for instance the vacuum advance line to the carb spigot.

Make sure you have both fuel and spark to the cylinders.

Air leaks at the manifold can cause all manner of trouble.

KH

Reply to
Kevin Hall