My mini test drive

Hi all

As posted previously on 29/02/2004 I had an all day test drive in a Cooper booked for this Thursday.

Well, here are the results.

I didn't know what spec the car was going to be other than the Cooper model. When I saw the car it looked like they had the P.I.M.P edition in just for me for that day.

All black, Cooper, Full Chilli Pack, Full tinted rears (not the half tint standard, but proper can't see in at all tints), Full bad boy BodyKit and to round it all off nicely, 18" Alpina alloys with very low profile tyres on a

3 day old car.

Man, I was getting Mini envy all over Birmingham. Driving the car, as I knew, was a dream (my mate had one a while back). However, I did notice skittishness when accelerating really hard (drive it like you stole it kind of driving) and braking hard meant I had to fight to keep it in a straight line. Not sure if this was the tyres and brakes being new but it wasn't untameable.

Other than that, it was damn perfect, and I don't drive like that all the time anyway, I just wanted to push it to the edge to see if it can handle rush hour Birmingham city centre (not a pretty sight). My sister was 'impressed' with the power and cornering too - the new roundabouts on the A38 between Minworth and Basset's Pole are great fun.

Anyone wants to know more, give me a shout.

Oh, and yes, I am getting one, sans bodykit and alpinas. New maybe, second hand prolly, the dealer is trying to find me one second hand that matches my spec requirements, there's one on autotrader too at the moment.

Reply to
Richard Clarke