Placement of the shelf in trunk for the 05 Cabrio

I bought my 05 Mini on eBay. It was delivered and the vert is inoperable. The shelf in the boot was just laying on the floor not connected to
anything. I am sure this is why my top is not functional, however, as much as I, and a number of other people have tried, we can not figure out how to put it back where it belongs so the switches are satisfied and I can finally put my vert down! Can anyone help with a picture or advice as to how the thing goes in? Thanks!