1991 mini mayfair reverse lights

Help!! My reverse lights aren't working. The switch works, the bulbs are ok, but there is no power at the switch. Can anybody tell me where the feed comes from to the switch on the gear change mechanism?

Reply to
John

Is anything else not working? Reverse lights are on the same fuse as a couple of other electrics. I can't remember which without the book in front of me, but check sidelights, interior light, horn, etc, to make sure it's not a fusebox issue.

I've no experience of the actual switch (cleaning the fuse box / sorting out bad earths has always fixed everything for me!) but someone else might be able to help.

Will

Reply to
willfoot

Googling for it, it's the top fuse if you've got a 4 fuse box (35A).

Maybe clean her up a bit for starters?

Will

Reply to
willfoot

It's on the same fuse circuit as the indicators and brake lights so if these don't work either then it's the fuse. The reverse light switch is accessible under the car below the gear shift. You should see two wires connected to the switch which disappear up through a small grommet and hole into the car interior. In my case it was a blowing fuse caused by a loose/exposed brake light wire behind the petrol tank which intermitantly touched the side of the tank.

Reply to
ln1gaw

Many thanks for the advice..

It was the inline connectors underneath the carpet by the gear change which had separated.... So a cheap fix!

Reply to
John