Rangie Reverse Lights

Wotcha

I have a classic Rust Rover (1986 ish). The reversing lights are not working. The bulbs are ok... there is no power reaching them. All the other lights work.

I presume the reversing lights are protected by a fuse but there are no clues on the fuse box as to which one. Before I start searching for a wiring fault can anyone tell me which fuse to check?

Cheers Taff

Reply to
Taff

Not sure on the fuse, but I've had a similar problem a couple of times, and each time it's been the interlock/reversing light switch on the gearbox. Easy to change (and test - bung it in reverse and use an AVO across the terminals).

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Wotcha

Fuse 13 supplies: Stop Lamp Switch, Reverse Lamp Switch, Interior Lamp Switch, Low Coolant Switch, Heater/Air/Con connections and also seems to have some association with the Hazard Switch.

Does it have an auto or manual gearbox? Wiring diagram is unhelpful regarding the autobox inhibitor switch - it appears to show only push-to-make switch. If auto, try starting it in 'R' - which may point to a faulty interlock switch. The inhibitor switch on my '86 RRC auto failed preventing it from starting.

HTH

Richard

- Real email address is RJS at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

Richard