air filter

Hi all just new to forum so bear with me but wondered how often should i change my air filter?its a 93 1.3i cooper .any rcommendations of what type?
Also read a previous thread on resetting ecu.how and why would you do this? cheers!
Hello Paul
To reset you ECU - disconnect the battery negative for a few minutes.
Thanks
Karl

Put a K&N element in the existing air filter housing, they are about 35 but can be cleanded, they add a few bhp too,
Steve.

Cheers Steve, u know how often I should change it?

Hello Paul
If you get a K&N Air filter the lifing instruction should come on the box, but i should think it would be something like 12000 miles/12 Months to wash and re-oil it. Which reminds me mine is due. Thanks Karl

It depends on the enviorement, but the instructions say:
a.. High Air Flow with Excellent Filtration a.. Designed to Increase Horsepower and Acceleration a.. Washable and Reusable a.. Will NOT Void Vehicle Warranty a.. Lasts up to 50,000 miles before cleaning is required depending on driving conditions a.. 10 Year / Million Mile Limited Warranty
they still work even when they look dirty, the one for your car is the E-9172
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-9172
Steve.

Steve Thanks for that Karl

cheers lads! thanks for ya help!