Cooling Fan 2003 Cooper S

Our MINI has been overheating, and I have isolated the problem to the electric cooling fan. I've ordered the new part from a MINI dealer, but just got around to checking the service manual for the replacement procedure. According to the TIS, you have to remove the front bumper, A/C condenser and radiator to get to the fan assembly. Has anyone done this? Do you =really= have to dis-assemble the entire front of the car just to get to the fan? It appears to be so "close" that it almost seems impossible to have to remove so many parts to remove it.

The car is a US spec. model.

Appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks!

Tim/

Reply to
Tim H

Shame. If you had the REAL Mini the job would have been easy, like most jobs on the REAL Mini. That's the penalty for being lumbered with the FAKE Mini.

What K means to say is - try these guys - alt.auto.newmini

- they might actaully give a damn

Reply to
Ryan Shaw
2003 = 2 years old, why dont you get it fixed under waranty?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Thanks - I realized just after pushing the "send" button that this group is for pre-BMW Mini's. Sorry to bother you!

Car has too many miles - the warranty is expired.

Enjoy your Mini's!!

Tim/

Reply to
Tim H

Actually Tim, you are in the right news group. This is alt.autos.mini......seeing as your question was about the current production mini. Which is by far more popular and better made than the "old" style. So no need to apologize. Plus ryan shaw is just a blow hole.

Tim H wrote:

Reply to
r8rh8r

quote: "Which is by far more popular" yes I can see lots more posts on alt autos new mini than on here, although we are always willing to help! at least the new mini shares some things with the "genuine article type mini" quote: "Our MINI has been overheating", strange why cars..... quote: "better made than the "old" style" still have problems.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

.....but spelling might be useful .

You must understand that many of us who appreciate the real Mini find the oversixed and badly-packaged BMW fake to be an insult to the original. Consequently, we don't tend to think much of the prats who buy it. Then we read a post like yours and it confirms our opinion .

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

Hey hey....too bad you'll never be able to catch up with us.

Reply to
Mark

Well, not a great believer in racing on the road, but on the couple of occasions when one of the fake's has appeared to want to get involved I have left it for dead. Something to do with lack of driver ability and the difficulty something so fat has in getting through gaps in traffic, probably. After all, my Rover Cooper is bog standard apart from KNN filter, lcb and a single-box, big bore exhaust. Actually, come to think of it, it blows off most things on the road most of the time. Amazing how some prat who has been tailgating you can be hundreds of yards behind after one roundabout. I routinely find the Mini to be just as quick point to point in mixed driving as my Subaru Impreza Turbo....and usually more fun.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

just the reply I would expect from the owner of a over sized, over priced piece of junk.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Me thinks someone is a little jealous. Wider stance, better cornering.

Steve68s wrote:

Reply to
Mark

It is wider but as far as cornering have you ever driven a real classic mini cooper S or owned one? admittedly the new Bini is quieter & smother & faster on a motorway or straight road but I doubt you or anyone else in a bmw Bini could follow me & keep up with me on a hairpin, bend or corner, as far as being jealous its just your small mind, yes even its smaller than my car, if I wanted a bmw bini I would go and buy one, one last point to note, this newsgroup is for discussing things that relate to the original mini so try & keep quiet unless you can contribute something positive.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I don't tend to get involved in this sort of slanging match. Big waste of time talking to a troll but...

A London bus has a much wider stance than your BMW therefore better cornering.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

I don't have my Mini now, but I would love to have seen a Bini try to outcorner it at any speed. Keith

Just for the record, the simpleton missive from the previous poster is not representative of all classic owners.

Most of my friends have both a Mini and a BINI.

I am into classics myself but not because the BINI is a bad car. It is an impressive car and a very good one. It will also thrash a classis to an inch of it's life on a race track. Only clueless twits will defend a car as if they are defending there national flag.

It's just a freaking car, get a grip.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

I do most of my driving on the road, & enjoy being able to out drive bmw minis on A roads, roundabouts & corners, this is what I am talking about, nothing ever has passed me when I go round any corner... note.... I am not saying a 41 year old car will deffend its self against a modern car on a race track, nor am I trying to deffend the national flag, at least not today :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I understand what you are saying but..

I had an SCCA prepared Trans Am a few years back that I used as occasional commuter car.

I didn't (read couldn't) afford to drive aggressively on the street. I am sure there are many riceboy Honda Civic and Accord drivers that are going home thinking they abused me on the street.

Perhaps the others were not racing you.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Well when they have smoke comming from the tyres & the cars going sideways I guess they aint playing trick or treat, the mini I just sold was great in a straight line too, 1460 full race ST5, I am talking about slightly modded cars here by the way, for my daily drive I use a v6 2.8 audi A4, I dont try to bull shit people, I also have been involved in building track cars & have raced them too, mainly bangers, dont laugh, you don't take any shit from someone you just take em out... head on, the destruction derbys are fun too.... Hendenford, Birmingham Wheels, Mildenhall.......

Steve.

ps never used minis in bangers though, 2.8 v6 mk2 Granadas..

Reply to
Steve68s

CHICKEN!! LOL Keith