Cooling Fan 2003 Cooper S

I once saw a austin 1300 go in bangers unlimited at the pre 68 in Mildenhall, did not lat very long though.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Oh cool, that makes two things we have in common.

I also have a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T that has been worked over a bit with Neuspeed reprogramming and such.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Sorry guys, I was just goofing with ya. But, yeah, if that London bus was only 3 feet tall, it probably would corner fantastic. And if this newsgroup is for classic mini's "only", then why isn't it called alt.autos.classicmini ?

The Muff> I don't tend to get involved in this sort of slanging match. Big waste of

Reply to
Mark

Easy.

When the forum was created there was no new MINI.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Because it has existed since long before the new so-called Mini and will continue to do so long after that temporary aberration has been forgotten. There is only on Mini and we don't need reminding that all of them are classics. If you want to talk about the other thing there is alt.autos.newmini. I'm told it's mostly full of whines and whinges about unreliability, atrocious build quality, catching fire and recalls, but then I can't say for sure because I've never bothered to visit that particular usenet backwater.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

If you never visited the new Mini site how do you know what they whine about? I know you adored the new Mini and you are a closet new Mini lover - lol.

In any case, I bet we have more issue and whines about our old Minis: rusty a pillars, synchronizing twin carbs, Lucas electronics, etc

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

What is it about 'I'm told' that you don't understand? Not very bright, are you, but then what can one expect from a top-poster.

Fascinating. First saw BMW's attempt in mock-up five years ago. Wasn't terribly impressed. Didn't particularly like the phoney retro styling cues. Was very disappointed that BMW had rejected the Rover design team's plans for a highly innovative, brilliantly packaged new small car in favour of something so conventional, boring and poorly executed. It was only when I saw the finished article launched at the Goodwood Festival of Speed that I realised just how big it is....and how little room it has in the back seat or the boot.

One doesn't expect perfect reliability from a classic car - it is, after all, a 45-year-old design - however, we don't whine about it. Steel quality and finish has varied over the years, as with all marques, burt there is little excuse for the later cars rusting prematurely..... other than demoralisation caused by BMW's appallingly bad management of the Rover Group. Synchronising carbs has never been a problem for anyone with half a brain, but very few of us bother to run twin carbs on a Mini when one large one works just as well, if not better. Lucas electrics have never been much of a problem and have been unfairly demonised over the years - mostly by ignorant Americans who don't understand or maintain their cars.

You really ought to find out a little bit more about your subject before you come and troll here. You are not very good at it.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

You are moron.

I own a classic and you can't run me off like you run of the BINI owners, get a grip and start dealing with my presence.

As far as your top posting comment let me check my give-a-crap-o meter and report back to you.

And with this I ceremoniously add you to my twit file where you belong pillock.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Sorry, but some people are just too easy. Please feel free to reply to this and prove once and for all that you are a total loser.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

I'll allow you one more outburst and then you will join your girlfriend Betty in my twit file.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Heh, you make me laugh......

I polish my cars (classic & fat mini) once once a month (give or take).

I bet you grease the exhaust and give your mini some *real* love every now and then.

I can't believe you are so bigotted, did someone in a fat mini run your children over and kill them or something.

I used to hate other kids at school because they had stuff i didn't or because they were different, but I was 10 years old then.

I can only imagine your a sad little fella with no mates and the worlds biggest shoulder chip.

Grow the f*ck up a worry about more important shit.

Reply to
Biffa Bacon (mobile)

Lol - I just don't get the hatred some of these pompous twits have for the BINI. It's just a car for Gods sakes.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

No hatred. It's just another euro-hatch like there are already dozens on the market at this time. It is really nothing special, and discussion of the BMW Mini in this forum is just as relevant as discussion of the Fiat Punto or the Renault Clio.

This forum is for discussion of the real Mini (not "Classic Mini", which is the name that BMW used to rebaptize the original). The BMW has absolutely no part in common with the Mini. The discussion of aircon options, 17" alloys and chili packs is just as uninteresting to Mini enthusiasts as discussion of 10" wheels, rust prevention and carb needles is to BMW (or VW or Ford) owners.

Please take discussion of the New BMW Mini to where it belongs. ie: not here.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales

"The discussion of aircon options, 17" alloys and chili packs is just as uninteresting to Mini enthusiasts"

I consider myself an enthusiast and I am interested in these things.

Let's Mini?

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

I'm also interested in cooking recipes and DIY tips for refurbing my bathroom. Does that make discussion of those topics relevant to this newsgroup?

Reply to
Nicholas Bales

Since I am not a forum Nazi and Man shall not live by bread alone then yes you can discuss bathroom DIY tips. Perfectly okay with me. However if that runs you into an hypochondriac episode you might want to filter out offending post/posters and key names such as OsiTech.Net, MINI, BINI, BMW, NEW

Just a suggestion.

I'll see you chaps on Sunday off to try me luck in Vegas. If I win I promise to buy you Guys rounds of beers and a few MINIs to use as shooting target - lol.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Nicholas Bales wrote: It is really nothing special, and discussion of

Sorry to disagree, but, the only "current" production Mini Cooper is made by BMW. That means this forum is acceptable for anyone with any Mini Cooper to participate. Get a life!

Reply to
Mark

Sorry, but that simply isn't true. This forum was created for discussion of real Minis. There is an alternative forum for the discussion of the badge-engineered abomination, which does not compare favourably with the real thing in any respect. Those of us who appreciate real Minis already have a life. Those fashion victims and poseurs who have been conned by the marketers into buying the other thing thinking it is a Mini are the ones with lifestyle problems.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

This forum is NOT for the "current" production Mini Cooper (or Cooper S or One or D), but for the real Mini. The forum for the BMW MINI is alt.autos.new-mini.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales