Cooling Fan 2003 Cooper S

thats what you think,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I and as I see others will continue to discuss both Mini and mew Mini on here and will entertain and encourage others to do so.

You have an uphill battle my friend.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Hi,

To be honest - I don't really understand why you would do that. No bigotry - really. It's not even that I mind, they do have the same name, I just don't see why an ng where only, say, half the posts are likely even to be *relevant* to the car I drive is interesting. There's an ng for the new mini - anyone wanting to discuss that I would whole heartedly recommend go there, in the same way as if I start to invite my friends to discuss sill replacements, A-Panel rust and syncing dual SUs I'd suggest they come here. It's not segregation, it's just going where you're most likely to find common interest. It's like thinking alt.autos.fwd would make a damn fine ng for discussing my car cos it's front wheel drive. If that was the case we might as well stick with alt.autos and all post in there :-) I think you'll agree it would be dreadful, irrelevant and I'd probably unsubscribe - not because I mind that some people like 205s and others like Abarths, just because there's too much in there I don't care about. It works both ways - the problems/questions/fantasies just aren't the same. There's overlap, sure, I certainly can understand someone having a wild time in their lovingly prepared Escort Mexico, it's just not that interesting to me.

I like rock music, and while occasionally I find rock fans in the trendy nightclubs of my home Paris, I certainly don't think that's the best place to discuss rock music. Sure it's all music, modern R&B, blues and rock 'n' roll all share something in common I don't expect Elvis tribute bands, blues acts and AC/DC cover bands to wind up in the same places, even though I like all.

Sorry for the noise - had to get it out of my system :-)

Have fun, drive hard, drive well, get home safely.

Kind regards,

Phil a.k.a SpyderMan

Reply to
SpyderMan

There is little doubt that BMW's prime purpose in acquiring the Rover Group from its then parent British Aerospace was to get their hands on Land Rover technology and the Mini brand. They made llittle or no effort to invest in Rover as a whole and actually restricted the marketing of those Rover models - in particular the excellent 75 - which they saw as being in competition with BMW. Effectively, they cherry-picked what they wanted and ran the company into the ground. They certainly don't come out of the whole exercise with any credit, but then not many people do.

Even then, I doubt if anybody here would have minded if they had produced a worthwhile and innovative successor to the Mini, but they didn't. Instead of producing a brilliantly packaged small car with a Tardis-like interior they came up with a fat, conventional hatchback and then cut it short by the simple expedient of removing the boot space and rear legroom. Then they tacked on a few naff retro styling cues and called in a Mini. Can you really not see why that upsets people?

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts