Engine number confusion!?

Hi group
Been looking at my Heritage cert. and wondering how my engine number (engine replaced before I bought the car) has the number of 9F-SA-Y/xxxx. The last Y
should mean it was a 1275 Cooper engine - but the car is a Austin Mini Cooper 997 from March 1962 !?
Could someone sort out this mistery - or is there a mistake on my Heritage Cert.????
Regards
Kenneth
What replacement engine did get put in the car?
Taffy
"KennethDK" <kj(at]icg.dk> wrote in message

(engine
I did'nt. When I bought the car it had a standard 998 cc engine - and it is now replaced with a 1293 cc race engine :o)
The heritage says the original engine was a 1275 (engine number 9F-SA-Y/4581) but that must be a mistype or wrong info....
Kenneth

I contacted British Motor Heritage - and they replied that there was an error on my certificate. They will sent me a new and corrected certificate.
Case closed :o)
Kenneth