Engine number

I've just got my car back from the dealer with a new (exchange) Z20LET engine and a new clutch. They threw in a service for free as I was paying for all that! The engine number on my V5 obviously needs altering now.

My original V5 has the engine number listed as 31013974

On the warranty booklet, stamped by the dealer, the new engine number is listed as 6xxxxELxxxxx (x represents a number).

I had a look at the stamp on the engine myself, and that says GxxxxZELxxxxx (x represents a number).

I had to use a zoom camera with flash to differentiate between a G and a

6, so fair enough the guy who wrote the number on the booklet made a mistake (as well was missing the Z).

Why is the new number so different from the old one? Do the DVLA only want some of the number, or should I write out the whole thing when I send them the V5 for alteration?

Reply to
David Mahon

Write out the whole thing and send it off. Let DVLA decide whether or not it's OK.

Reply to
Conor