Help!! Headlining

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the order that the coloured headlining hoops are fitted? I've lost the piece of paper that had the headlining notes on it.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
The Speedtrifle

From the front, Red, White, White, Black, Blue Yellow.

let me know any tips as I've still got mine to do

Cheers Martin

Reply to
Martin

Thanks Martin. I'll let you know how I get on.

Chris.

Reply to
The Speedtrifle

Hi Martin,

My advice is get someone else to do it, it is a fiddly, pain in the butt job. I'm sure the roll cage I have in the car didn't help though (I was advised to leave in the rear cage).

One of the most important things is to ensure that the channels that the hoops go through are cut to the correct length. This will help to stop creases appearing in the headlining when it is streched out. If you still have the original headlinging measure them from that.

Use bulldog clips to strech it in to place, front to back first, then across the car.

Use a good contact adhesive, don't bother with Evostick's solvent free adhesive, it isn't strong enough. Their standard adhesive is fine.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
The Speedtrifle

Chris, thanks for the advice, I'm probably about 6weeks away from doing mine still welding, them painting etc, I'll update you when done

Reply to
Martin