How big is the fuel tank really?

Which would soon rot away - lol.

Reply to
Bad Apple

No. Only a select inbred with too much rusty ferrous oxide inhaled.

Please don't let these village idiots temper your opinion of all classic owners.

Most of us are welcoming to others and will refer you to the correct venue for your questions.

Reply to
Bad Apple

Yawnnnnn.

When will they be on eBay to be auctioned to the colonies?

Reply to
Bad Apple

Thank you for the suggestion to look in the handbook, Steve, but this is obviously what I did in the first place. It says "about 50 litres", so I was amazed to see that 49 litres went into the tank when I filled up as the fuel gauge was still well over the zero level (close to the first mark). So the point of my question was: was I just about to run empty or is the tank's capacity far bigger than what the manufacturer announces in his specifications?

I was hoping for some new Mini owners experiences who put 53 or 56 litres of petrol into the little beast... and what I got instead was a funny - though unhelpful - thread of "old vs. new" Mini aficionados.

Best regards to all of you

Yves

Reply to
Yves

And if you posted in alt.sci.shuttle.payloads you would also have been greeted with a thread dedicated to "how would we know?" and "why don't you try the correct group alt.autos.new-mini? There are many people there who share a similar interest. We however do not.".

I am quite sure you wouldn't have stuck around so long trying to prove how quick witted you aren't.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

"We however do not."

Not true. I share interest in all things Minis.

Reply to
Bad Apple

That is the problem. When one does a newsgroup search for mini cooper, this news group pops up. Why would anyone look for "new" in that search? When looking for Harley Davidson, for example, its all in one group. Although Harley has been through different owners its all one group, not old or new. Why would anyone think that this newsgroup should be any different. By coming here everyone should help each other out. Old or new, the name of the car is officially the same.

The Muff>

Reply to
Madmax

this news group was formed for classic minis only, will you be saying next that jaguar car owners should seek advice in newsgroups for cats? as I have said before mini is an abbreviation on the word minimal, meaning small, the new Teutonic wheelie bin is not small, regardless what it says on the badge :-0

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I think you will find that the people at alt.sci.shuttle.payloads do not 'share interest in all things Minis'.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

My response was in regards to the comment that classic owners do not have interest in the new Mini.

That is a fallacy. I have many friends that are classic owners and have the new Mini.

We can co exist. This mule like stubbornness will not make innocent folks happen on here by accident.

Let's be cordial to fellow enthusiasts and refer them to

other forums without getting into a wee wee measuring contest.

Reply to
Bad Apple

Counter-example: VW groups are split into air-cooled and water-cooled. Discussions of the New Beetle are not welcome in the air-cooled group, because the cars share nothing in common.

Same here. There is nothing in common between the real Mini and the new MINI. Thus different groups.

The fact that some individuals share an interest in both cars is irrelevant. They are different cars, different subjects and the topics of discussion are different. I can think of many subjects in which I have an interest besides Minis, but I will not discuss them here because they are off topic.

Big Apple/OsiTech is obviously a troll who gets off on annoying people who have been on this group for years. Now we've had trolls in the past, and we will have trolls in the future. Best is just to not feed them and they'll go away by themselves.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales

Actually your response was to my comment as you quoted it in your reply.

You quoted it out of context but despite that, there was one.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Oh will you just look at that, I've managed to get Nicks panties in a bunch - lol.

BMW MINIS saves the Mini and carries the name on wonderfully.

How did I do on that one? Please make my day and tell me it got you into a fit - lol.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Okay we're splitting hairs here. Have a nice weekend.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Reply to
Dave Theen

Except, of course, that it didn't evolve. There is no evolutionary link. BMW simply appropriated the brand and stuck it on an ordinary modern car which has nothing to do with the Mini, despite a few rather naff retro styling cues. It is not even small and it is certainly not bigger inside than out, so how can it be in any sense a Mini. Doesn't matter if it's a good modern car or not.

I can understand why it has found a niche in the limited US market, but in the rest of the world there is huge competition in the hot hatch class and - having driven many of them - I couldn't recommend a new so-called Mini as being in any sense value for money. Plenty about that are as much - or more - fun, quicker, cheaper and more practical in terms of rear seat and boot space.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

post here if you like, look how many people post on alt.autos new mini, not many, regardless of what you think you will get very little possetive feed back regarding the over sized, over priced, over rated car here, would it not have been better to start a flame thread instead of replying to the question "how big is the fuel tank really" & before you start I am the only one to have answered this question withthe correct answer on both boards, =

50 litres,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I will respond "positively" always to ALL Mini questions for sure. You can take that to the bank.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

is that why your still bitching on the wrong thread OsiTwit.Net ? send me your address & I will post you a dummy,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

How is this the wrong thread? And you're really thick and stupid if you think this is bitching. We haven't even started yet Sonny. By the time I am done with you all your faculties will be registering Bad Apple. You will be at marriage counseling, psychiatric session before you even know it - lol.

Don't worry I already know what a dummy looks like ========> you - lol.

Have a nice Sunday, QuickSilverHolic number 1,543, 657

Reply to
OsiTech.Net