another fuel gauge problem:

I have a 2002 ZX5.. It is about 3 days out of warranty. I filled up the car and the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the fuel indicator light went on and then the engine warning light went on. I made an appointment for Monday at the dealer. Today the gauge went to full and the fuel gauge indicator light went off but the engine warning light stayed on. I've read the posts about faulty senders is this one? Are there any tech. service bulletins out on this?

Reply to
silledad

"silledad" wrote

Reply to
Dave Gower

The dealer replaced the fuel pump with the sender at no charge. I don't if there was no charge due to it being so close to the warranty or because of tsb or if it is part of the power train warranty but I'm not complaining. Hope this fuel pump assembly lasts.

Reply to
silledad

Glad to hear it. Mine was replaced in 2001 and has been fine since.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Did you find out why the engine warning light went on? Was there a fault code logged?

Reply to
Mike2

The pump and sender is one integrated unit, so he didnt have much choice really..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.