Re: 99' 4Runner 4cyl. fuel tank capacity

4's and 6's have same fuel tank -- if I recall its like 18.5 gallons (70L). Capacity is in the back of your owner's manual. So how many gallons does it take to fill it when the gauge says its empty? EPA is 18-23 MPG. Appears you are getting 14 MPG if indeed you fill it up with 18+ gallons and go 250 miles.
Can anyone tell me the capacity of the fuel tank in a 99' 4Runner with a > 4cyl. engine? > > I bought the vehicle back in Nov. and I think there is a problem with the > fuel gauge. > I am getting around 250 miles to a tank of gas according to the gauge. And > that does > not seem right. > > I have a 91' pickup with almost the exact motor and it gets much better > fuel economy. >
Reply to
Wolfgang