'New' real Mini?

Hi guys

Ann just returned from Waitrose (Tilehurst,nr. Reading, UK) having returned to Ronnie to find an apparently brand new Mini with latest style of number plate parked alongside. She didn't have time to hang about and wait for the owner. Presumably a one off built with sufficient percentage of new parts around a Heritage shell, sva'd and registered as a new car. Or is somebody out there re-manufacturing?

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

It could have been an older one that has been stored & just registered, I saw a 1984 mini once that was stored for years & never registered, with 0 miles on it, this was eligabe for a new plate.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Its wood and pickett isnt it making new minis to order from about £8000 depending on spec, think they manufacter them on a kit car production basis, so are given new number plates, particularly if the engine is a new one and chassis and body are as well.

Jono (Wokingham, nr Reading, UK)

Reply to
Barspeed1975

Thanks, could well be the answer. As I've often said, there are probably more Minis being restored/re-created every year than are being scrapped. Eight grand doesn't sound bad..

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

see the bottom line on their webpage:

FWIW, Theo van den Bogaard

Reply to
t.a.j.m.vdnbogaard

Look at this, I dont like late minis but I would make an exeption for this :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Hello Steve, Nice car, but not my cup of tea, I never did like the last of the coopers as I think they lost there identity and all looked alike, although they are a mini in every sense of the word, and they drive very well,,,, for me they just don't have what the other minis have,,, individuality and personality (ps) how is the 68 "S" doing these days Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

ermmm, you dont want to know :-) trying to negotiate a px with it against a

1991 cooper converted by john cooper garrages to an S when it was new, its also got twin tanks fitted at the time think its the 85bhp S+, got to get it all checked out,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Sounds nice, keep us informed Steve,

Peter

Reply to
Fitzy

The deal has just fell through, did a round trip of 420 miles only to find a car with serious corrosion, the idiot told me it has a little rust, but otherwise was very good, on arrival & a look underneath saw something which needed so much renovation it would have been cheaper & quicker to re shell it, very rusty a panels, both doors had holed at the bottoms, wings rotten, front panel had a large hole big enough to put your fist through, there was a hole in the drivers side footwell, bubbles appearing in the front for corners, so I told the guy what I thought of him :-) & came home, now this is where the fun starts, great really or I would have never found the bargain of the week, a 1975 mini cooper in pretty good nick, one of the last real 1275s, erm they never made coopers in 1975, well this was, a 1300 export innocenti body made in Milan & assembled in Belgium, looks nice up top, someone has fitted oversills though, so will have to see what happens, its got nice minilife wheels with 145 narrow tyres on, needs some work so will not be on road straight away,

Steve. "Fitzy" wrote in message news:d88qu2$72s$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Reply to
Steve68s

Good find! I have a similar story. I just bought an Innocenti 1300 - being delivered Saturday. First "proper" Mini I've owned since I had to sell my 1972 Authi 1275GT - in 1975. You do the math.

I love my 2004 MINI "S" I bought a year and a half ago (fast, fun, and practical), but...

I'll get the 'new' M>now this

Reply to
MiniCooper

They look nice inside, other than the sills this is very nice, think I will have to put an uleaded head on it though, no rust up top which is good, & the interior is A1,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Better luck this time Steve, Fitzy