Pickup progress

The shell is now sat in primer and I am digging through the boxes of bits wondering what to bead blast and paint, what to buy new and what is good enough already.

Must get back to my sorting

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Can I ask please. What is the thing with Bead Blasting? I understand it is less harsh on parts. Is it expensive? Do many places offer the sevice?

I have a compressor and a cheap sandblasting gun that I use to shoot kiln dried fine sand at parts in a big wooden box I made to contain the mess.

I dress up like a demented idiot (The Salvager with bells on) but the dust still gets EVERYWHERE.

Good results though.

Thanks in anticipation

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

To get a shell done costs about £200. To buy a cabinet costs about £80 and then £20 for a bag of beads. Then you can just spend hours making shiny things out of rusty pieces of poop.

Sounds similar to what you have made but made of metal. Sounds more air tight too. Still gets everywhere though!!

I found this one on ebay to look at:

You can get other people to do it. A motorbike cylinder head just cost me £15+VAT though so it isn't cheap. And where is the fun in that?

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man