RE: Flitch replacement

Internal or external hinges?

If external it is a pain to replace (A panel) but not impossible. If it is internal hinges it is a bit of a ball ache and once you start digging it may prove to be a big job. Once you start crumbling those crispy bits away to good metal what's is left is anyone's guess....

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Yes the car is older than 25 years old.

The flitch panel (my friends word not mine) is the metal inside the wheeell well that the lower hinge is attached to. The lower hinge on the door is rusted through and makes closing the door difficult.

Engine has very low miles.

I have some good pictures of the undercarriage and it really looks good with the exception of those two places.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
EBenton