price guide plse

Hi, Opinion and advice wanted please.

Got a 1961 mini 850 saloon registered 1963. body been stripped, rebuilt and has all new running gear. engine bay and boot resprayed in old english white. rest in primer with basically final prep req'd before final respray. Got all original bits but they are in boxes. Body done by professional and is in excellent condition. Reg is in ABC 123 format. Looking for a price guide for sale in Uk

Also got a 1965 woody countryman (flat roof) with some work done but basically a substantial rebuild. all parts for it including replacement wood (not new but in exceleent condition). looking for a price guide too.

Thanks

Milty_

Reply to
Milty

First registered in 1963 or... ?

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Reply to
Milty

Its a like the question how long is a piece of string, to get good money it will need to have been restored with the right bits, some people think a set of over sills & a spray job is a complete restoration, I would have to see the car to give you an estimate but no mot & work still needed........ don't hold you hopes up,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Mk1 shell in excellent condition, requiring only a respray. Seems strange to me that it ain't worth much. Only after a guide. Milty

Reply to
Milty

Hmnnn......well, I've seen good original cars go for silly prices. Restorations are obviously worth less - GBP 3,500 to 4,500 for a good one, but then we're talking about complete, as-new runners here.

A restored shell needing a respray plus a few boxes of bits? We're talking hundreds here, not thousands.....6 or 7 maybe.

Rotted out Minis being sold for spares or repair aren't worth a great deal - some of us give them away - but the Countryman is sought after. Once again, I'd have though hundreds rather than thousands, but whether that's low hundreds or high hundreds depends on how complete and original it is and how much work needs doing.

At the end of the day, these projects are worth what you can get for them. Better question, perhaps, is what is the best way to sell them? Ebay?

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts