re starter problems

Hi

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I put the motor back on, then charged the battery and then checked the earth straps - no success.

Under the bonnet on the right of the bulkhead there are two relays which I could hear clicking when I turned the key to the start position. I put my hand on them to see which one was clicking when I turned the key and hey presto it started.

To cut a long story a bit shorter one of the wires was corroded through on the one nearest the passenger side. Fixed it and all is fine.

Who'd of thought it eh?

later

Gary

-- Visit my websites at

geepeetee

trouble with late Mini's, all bloody relays...... My Mk1 has one relay, half of it to indicate right the other half to indicate left lol

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0