V5 logbook Previous 1979

I just bought a 1986 2dr Austin mini and I am with the U.S. military in Germany and I need to change the cars info so I can take it to the states. Can you help me out?

Reply to
Jesse Shoup via CarKB.com

you do realise what you are asking is illegal? Americans are generally stupid, but the customs people aren't,. The see hunderds of minis each year that have had their identities forged. its only an '86 - sell it on and buy a 25yr or older car! - its not as if it has sentimentality yet!

Reply to
Ryan Shaw

Sorry, I know that this one just ended but maybe you can contact him to see if there are others?

JM

It's completely illegal - the customs do know how to spot a car like this and you will lose your vehicle.

Completely illegal and you should not do it.

Reply to
Howard Rose