which paint?

Hi

Just welded some patches on the underbody of our open classic, whats the best way to treat them. Hammerite then waxoyl or underseal (on top of or instead of the hammerite).

thanks

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

Dont use Hammerite!

Its awful stuff and not nearly as good as it used to be, use anything by Genolite, primer, top coat etc.

If you want a nice dark green laquer finish use JAPLAQ, really high gloss finish and gloopy.

Jono

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

I use 2 coats of davits zinc 182 primer & 1 thick coat ( or 2 thinner coats ) of black underseal, the waxoil stuff aint to bad if you leave the lid off & let it thicken up, but as it goes it is thin now, if it is the sill area which you can see I would prime it & spray it body colour,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Use redoxide/zinc primer followed by good quality stone chip, the stuff that dries hard than paint body colour with brushing enamel, any paint mixing place should be able to mix some to your colour scheme. You can waxoyl afterwards if you want to.

Reply to
Turbo Jo