Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake binding
Hi all! I'm having a severe brake problem with my mini. It's a mk5 998 mayfair automatic. Sometimes the front right wheel remains strongly braked although no pressure is applied to the brake pedal....
6
6

Parts in South Africa
Hi Do any local guys know where I can find parts for my mini. I am looking for crank for a 1275 and some front disk brakes for 10" wheels. Also does anybody know if there are any companies importing...

Parts Needed in South Africa
Hi all, any local guys know where I might find some spares? I am looking for a crank for a 1275 and also some disc brakes for 10" wheels. Does anybody know of any other car that I might butcher for...

Insurance Claim
Hi all, Managed to run over a concrete block that had come off the back of a pickup a couple of weeks ago. Only damage evident was to the offside wheels and tyres, although I wasn't naive enough to...
18
18

Minis in Nigeria
Just in case any one wants to know, there are Minis and Mokes in Nigeria. I saw about 5 on my recent visit.

Mini 25 Petrol advice
I`m new to mini`s but intend to learn as much as possible. I`ve just bought a 1984 mini 25 that was converted to an automatic with a 1991 engine, 18 months ago. The original manual says use four star...
6
6

Re: Mini Cooper : help me for water damaged engines
hahahahhahaha hahahahhahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah. and in Italian hahahahahahha hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah )

front pipe problems
Hi The front pipe on our open classic needs either repair or replacement. The exhaust is the original (or similar , not modified). The front pipe has a small copper or brass pipe coming off it and...

Re: Raelian, Normism & Declaration of Heaven on Earth157
Wasn't Norm Cliffs mate in Cheers?

How much power can I expect???
Hi I am a South African Mini Fan, new to this NG. I am busy rebuilding my Mini's engine, a 1275 bored 40thou oversize bringing it to just over 1300cc. I am also going to fit a 286 camshaft,gasflowed...
2
2

Re: Coolant drain
You'll need to loosen and remove the lower hose to drain the radiator, then just pop it back on. Sometimes it helps to remove the n/s front wheel so you can push the hose off, failing that get your...

door re-skin
Hello, I read a few posts on door re-skinning and one actually included a link to a web page with step by step instructions. The page doesn't exist anymore and I was wondering if anyone can give some...
3
3

Snap-off steering wheels question
Hi All, Anyone out there fitted one of those ' snap-off ' steering wheels ? Is it a straightforward job i.e. just spanners, or more complex ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Squibby
7
7

Mini Advice
Hi, As its getting near to spring thought I'd ask for some general bodywork advice. Me and the mrs each own minis. The wifes car is a 2000 (W) year Cooper LE, Brooklands Green owned from new. Bodywork...
3
3

Re: help! judder at 60mph and on braking
hiya I dont know how good you are and i dont want to insult you but the chances of both sets being warped is about zero, are you sure its not something you are doing ? fragged